Located just north of Atlanta, Dunwoody combines the charm of a small town with the conveniences of a big city. It is a hub for shopping, dining, business, and Southern hospitality. Featuring more than 1,900 hotel rooms and a combined 66,000+ square feet of function space across eight hotels, with a ninth set to open in summer 2021, Dunwoody is a competitive destination for all types of meetings and events. While in town, visitors can enjoy more than 180 acres of green space in the area’s seven parks, as well as the second-largest mall in the Southeast, a vibrant arts and culture scene, and delicious local restaurants.
Dunwoody is located 10 miles north of Atlanta at the intersection of Interstate 285 and State Highway 400. Only 30 minutes away from the world’s busiest international airport, Dunwoody offers easy access to well-connected transportation systems, including a MARTA transit station.
Closest Major Airport
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (30 minutes away)
- Peachtree-Dekalb Airport (15 minutes away)
Spruill Gallery: Located in a historic home on Ashford Dunwoody Road, Spruill Gallery exhibits work from local emerging and established artists and is home to one of the best locally made artists’ gift shops in metro Atlanta. Spruill Center for the Arts also offers a variety of classes ranging from painting to glassblowing and jewelry making.
Perimeter Mall: The Southeast’s second-largest shopping mall is located in the heart of Dunwoody, featuring more than 200 specialty stores, including major department stores Von Maur, Dillard’s, Macy’s and Nordstrom.
Treetop Quest: Located in Brook Run Park, this obstacle course and adventure park takes thrill seekers through Dunwoody’s tree canopy with ziplining at heights up to 55 feet above the ground. It’s an excursion well suited to teambuilding events.
Dunwoody Nature Center: This outdoor oasis offers an escape from the conference room with a wilderness area for hiking, creek jumping, and a hidden hammock garden. The Nature Center also features an elegant indoor-outdoor convertible space at the new Northwoods Pavilion for those who prefer to meet surrounded by the beauty of nature.
Donaldson-Bannister Farm: This circa-1870 house provides a look into the charming history of Dunwoody. The farm’s grounds are open sunrise to sunset for a stroll or picnic in the meadow, and the house itself can also be booked for events such as weddings, corporate events, or reunions.
Dunwoody features eight modern hotels (nine in summer 2021) with more than 66,000 square feet of function space, including flexible meeting space for up to 230 people at the Hyatt Place Perimeter Center, a 12,000-square-foot ballroom at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, 12 bright event rooms at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, and 14 event rooms with 12 breakout rooms at the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center. The destination also has an abundance of other creative venues for meetings and events that are designed to connect guests with nature and prompt innovative new ideas. Those venues include the North Woods Pavilion at Dunwoody Nature Center, the charming Donaldson-Bannister Farm, and the unique Spruill Gallery.
Dunwoody has eight hotels with more than 1,900 guest rooms. The new 156-room AC Hotel by Marriott will open in summer 2021.
- Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center
- Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
- Embassy Suites Atlanta-Perimeter Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter-Dunwoody
- Hyatt Place Atlanta Perimeter Center
- Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
- Residence Inn Perimeter Center
- Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta Perimeter Center
- Alon’s Bakery & Market: Inspired by specialty markets in Europe and New York, this charming bakery and market is known in the community for its selection of fresh-baked goods, European-style cakes, gourmet sandwiches, and fine cheeses. Diners can enjoy a cup of coffee with a warm pastry in-store or pick up all the necessities for a to-go meal.
- McKendrick’s Steak House: This 40’s-style upscale steakhouse offers a quintessential vibrant atmosphere, featuring a menu of prime aged beef, chops, seafood and delectable sides.
- Novo Cucina: Offering a fresh and innovative way to eat Italian, this chic and spacious restaurant is the ideal spot to indulge in artisanal pizza, handmade pastas, fresh salads, and alluring appetizers. Diners can finish their meal with Atlanta’s only gelato artigianale, made by hand and spun in-house every day.
- NFA Burger: Home of the 2018 and 2019 People’s Choice Award for Atlanta’s Best Burger, this hidden gem is located inside a Chevron, but don’t let that fool you. Its classic smashed burgers with house-made seasoning and Sassy sauce is a can’t-miss item when visiting Dunwoody.
- Vino Venue: This local gathering spot allows visitors to explore wine offerings via single selections and flights and features a fun serve-yourself wine dispensing technology. While sipping on wine in the intimate yet modern environment, guests can enjoy a refined menu of tapas-style dishes and flatbreads along with a carefully curated selection of charcuterie.
- Dunwoody has an average of 221 sunny days per year, compared to 205 sunny days on average in the U.S., giving visitors ample time to explore all of the green space in the area.
- One of Dunwoody’s most historic buildings, Ebenezer Primitive Baptist Church, dates from 1829 and is still in operation today. The establishment is also home to the one of the city’s oldest cemeteries, where many of Dunwoody’s founding fathers are buried.
- Dunwoody was named a “Tree City USA” community for the ninth year in a row in 2021 for prioritizing the planting and care of trees around the area.
- Dunwoody’s Perimeter Market will celebrate its 50th anniversary in July 2021, marked by the opening of Perimeter Mall in 1971. Over the past 50 years, Dunwoody has developed into a thriving “urban-burb,” attracting an abundance of business and job opportunities while keep the charm and community of a small town.
- Dunwoody offers a virtual FAM for meeting planners to explore all that the destination has to offer from the comfort of home, taking them through the area’s hotels, dining options and local activities.
Steven Schumacher, Director of Sales