Centrally located in the heart of the Texas, Fredericksburg has a small-town feel paired with the restaurants, accommodations, shops, and attractions usually reserved for a much larger destination.
Founded by German settlers in 1846, the town’s roots are evident today in its charming historic Main Street, which offers some 150 shops, art galleries, museums, bakeries, and restaurants in a walkable setting.
Located in the Texas Hill Country, just over an hour from Austin and San Antonio and only four hours from Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth, Fredericksburg provides the perfect central location for a meeting, convention, or corporate retreat.
Fredericksburg’s charm and wide variety of things to do make it an ideal location to gather, recharge, and be inspired.
Just over an hour from Fredericksburg, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and San Antonio International Airport offer many options when flying into the area.
Fredericksburg is brimming with activities, and most are within walking distance. Options include award-winning shopping along Main Street, history lessons at Pioneer Museum or the National Museum of the Pacific War, patio opportunities along the Urban Wine Trail, and live music.
Did we mention that Fredericksburg is in Texas Wine Country? Meet in a spacious tasting room or gather by the vines where attendees can enjoy wine tastings, barrel tours, and vineyard views at the area’s more than 50 wineries.
Fredericksburg has unique venues and diverse lodging that can accommodate meetings and groups. Several hotels offer meeting space including smaller conference rooms and larger ballrooms with breakout space. Browse the area’s meeting venues and nearly 1,500 unique places to stay online or request a proposal and the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau (FCVB) staff will put together a list of options based on your convention’s specifications and needs.
Many of Fredericksburg’s accommodations are located within walking distance of the nationally recognized historic downtown area.
Great food and wonderful dining are a fixture in Fredericksburg with more than 100 restaurants that feature everything from regional Texas Hill Country cuisine to authentic German, Tex-Mex and Texas BBQ as well as numerous fine dining restaurants.
Fun Fredericksburg facts
– Fredericksburg’s history dates back over 175 years and gives the town a unique sense of place—historic venues, culinary adventures, and a walkable downtown area.
– Added perks when hosting a meeting in Fredericksburg include no parking charges, no Wi-Fi charges, and free breakfast at some hotels.
– Fredericksburg is home to the oldest brewpub in Texas, the Fredericksburg Brewing Company. Located on Main Street, the brewery offers six beers on tap as well as a full German menu. In addition, Fredericksburg is home to Altstadt Brewery, which brews authentic Bavarian-style beers using the historic German purity law of 1516.
– Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, just outside of Fredericksburg, is an International Dark Sky Park. The park regularly holds stargazing events, perfect for viewing wide open spaces and night sky. In 2024, the path of totality for the next total solar eclipse will pass over Fredericksburg.
– Gillespie County is one of the largest peach-producing counties in Texas. From mid-May through mid-August, visitors can taste fresh peaches as well as other sweet treats including ice cream, pies, cobblers, jams, and jellies.
– Want to extend your stay? Fredericksburg offers a great location to work outside of the traditional office
The staff of the Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau provides complimentary meeting planning assistance—from RFP management, to itineraries, to activity suggestions. The FCVB staff can also help with services such as making name badges, providing welcome brochures, and offering registration assistance. To request a proposal, please click here.