MINNETONKA, Minn. – Radisson Hotel Group has announced its Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol, a new program of in-depth cleanliness and disinfection procedures, in partnership with SGS, a leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company.
The company has conducted a thorough review of all existing health and safety processes and worked with a team of experts to develop and validate additional protocols. These will be adapted based on local requirements and recommendations to ensure guests’ safety and peace of mind from check-in to check-out. Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol will further strengthen the chain’s global sanitation, cleanliness, and disinfection guidelines.
These guidelines include: hand sanitizing stations at all entrances; the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and protective screens; enhanced and recorded cleaning and disinfection frequency; social distancing policies; training in local, national, and/or global recommendations and health guidelines; reiteration of food safety standards; and comprehensive staff training. Radisson Hotel Group’s enhanced cleaning and disinfection guidelines were developed in collaboration with global hygiene solutions provider, Diversey.
Radisson Hotel Group will be introducing an official label of cleanliness and disinfection issued by SGS to ensure the highest cleanliness, hygiene, and safety standards.
Under this program, individual hotels can receive an approval label upon completion of a comprehensive local audit including on-site testing using the latest technology.
“At Radisson Hotel Group, we are committed to delivering a clean and safe environment for our guests and team members. The world has been fundamentally changed by COVID-19 so it is key we strive to protect all who work, stay, and partner with us as we re-open our doors to a new era of travel,” said Federico J. González, CEO, Radisson Hospitality AB.
Radisson Hotel Group will soon be announcing an extension to its brand commitment which includes 20 steps and an additional 10-step protocol for meetings and events.
Principles under consideration include:
– Increased cleaning and disinfection frequency of all hotel areas, with focus on high-touch items;
– Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gloves installed at the hotel’s front entrance and public areas;
– All room keys disinfected and presented safely upon check-in;
– Making check-out process available for guests to minimize contact;
– Encouraging cash-free methods of payments;
– Door hangers displayed with cleaning and disinfection procedures in each room;
– Comprehensive hygiene and prevention training programs for team members; and
– Team members provided with PPE such as masks and gloves.