LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Cambria Hotels, a franchised brand of Choice Hotels International, made its official debut in the Bluegrass State with the recent opening of the Cambria Hotel Louisville Downtown-Whiskey Row.
To commemorate the new hotel and Cambria’s continued expansion, Choice Hotels along with long-time collaborator O’Reilly Hospitality Management welcomed community members and dignitaries at a grand opening reception. Attendees were treated to a Louisville-inspired Mardi Gras reception, featuring local craft beers and Kentucky-inspired menu, performances by a local band, and tours of the hotel, getting a first-hand look at the equestrian-themed décor and artwork, modern guestrooms, and the striking rooftop terrace.
“Cambria is on a quest to bring its stylish, upscale accommodations to even more of guests’ favorite destinations, which is why we are so honored to join the thriving downtown Louisville community,” says Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands with Choice Hotels. “Long celebrated for its bourbon and derby tradition, Louisville is also home to several Fortune 500 companies, rich academia, and a thriving food scene, making it the ideal location to introduce our first Cambria hotel grand opening of 2022.”
Situated in the entertainment district of downtown Louisville, the newest Cambria hotel is just steps away from Whiskey Row–once the epicenter of the Kentucky bourbon industry and now home to a myriad of local restaurants and bars–and minutes from Waterfront Park, Louisville Slugger Field, and the KFCYum Center arena. The Cambria Hotel Louisville Downtown also provides easy access to area attractions and corporate offices, including the Kentucky International Convention Center, University of Louisville, University of Louisville Hospital, Ford Motor Company, Louisville Assembly Plant, and Ernst & Young.
The six-story, 128-room Cambria Hotel Louisville Downtown-Whiskey Row also features amenities including:
– Multi-purpose indoor and outdoor spaces for work or relaxation, including an indoor heated pool and rooftop bar with views of the Kentucky skyline.
– Locally inspired design and décor, reflecting Louisville’s unique horse racing culture, from natural materials such as walnut, soft hides, and deep marble fused with rich cognac and gold metals, to rustic and equestrian elements throughout the hotel.
– The Jackdaw restaurant, featuring modern Irish flavors and fusions, as well as the Magnum Moon Hayloft Bar and Grill, featuring classic American fare including freshly made food, local craft beer, wine, specialty cocktails, local Kentucky bourbon, in addition to to-go options.
– Multi-function meeting and event spaces.
– State-of-the-art fitness center.
All Choice-branded hotels are participating in Commitment to Clean, an initiative with enhanced training and best practices for deep cleaning, disinfecting, and social distancing. Additionally, Cambria guests can limit their interactions with hotel staff by using the Cambria Contactless Concierge Service, a text messaging service for housekeeping requests, to-go food orders, meeting room requests and more