PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. – Dollywood continues to rack up accolades from Amusement Today’s annual Golden Ticket Awards, this year earning three “best of” awards and placing in the Top 5 in seven additional categories during the magazine’s 2015 awards ceremony in New York City.
Dollywood’s three Golden Ticket Awards include:
- • Friendliest Park, for the fourth consecutive year;
- • Best Shows, Dollywood’s seventh consecutive victory in this category;
- • Best Christmas Event, the only park to ever earn this award, Dollywood celebrates its eighth consecutive win.
Dollywood also ranked in seven additional categories:
- • Best Food, second place;
- • Cleanest Park, second place;
- • Best Water Park for Dollywood’s Splash Country, third place;
- • Best Park, fourth place;
- • Best Water Ride for Dollywood’s Mountain Slidewinder, fourth place;
- • Best Wooden Coaster for Dollywood’s Thunderhead, fifth place;
- • Best Landscaping, fifth place.
- Calculated from an international poll conducted by Amusement Today, the industry’s leading trade publication, the Golden Ticket Awards are the results of a detailed survey sent to a database of experienced and well-traveled amusement park fans around the world in balanced geographical regions. Voters are asked to rate the “best” in 25 categories such as best parks, roller coasters, water rides, shows, kids’ area, landscaping and Christmas events.
The Golden Ticket Awards are the most sought after awards in the business of amusements and attractions. The awards have become the subject of much discussion by park aficionados the world over and garnered mentions in media outlets like USA TODAY and the Chicago Tribune, and by the late radio newsman Paul Harvey. The awards also were the topic of a one-hour Travel Channel documentary.
You can visit the website for the Dollywood theme park and resort HERE.