NAPLES, Fla. – Great Wolf Lodge has broken ground of its newest resort, scheduled to open in Naples, Fla., in 2024.
Great Wolf Lodge South Florida will become the brand’s 21st resort in North America, featuring 500 family-friendly suites and an expansive 100,000-square-foot indoor waterpark. The resort will sit on 20 acres on the eastern edge of Collier County, next to the Paradise Coast Sports Complex.
Meeting and event planners can also look to Great Wolf Lodge South Florida for their meeting and event needs. The property will boast 13,000 square feet of flexible conference space with breakout rooms, built-in A/V technology, customizable catering options, and a team of dedicated industry professionals.
With an investment of more than $250 million from Great Wolf’s shareholders Blackstone and Centerbridge Partners, Great Wolf Lodge and its construction partner Suffolk estimate the number of construction and trade workers onsite will range between 250 to 500 daily during the build. When Great Wolf Lodge South Florida opens, it will create more than 600 full and part-time jobs, ranging from senior management positions, engineering, and IT professionals to lifeguards, guest service agents, and housekeepers, all with long-term career growth potential. With a rough construction timeline of 18 to 24 months, Great Wolf Lodge South Florida is expected to celebrate its grand opening in spring/summer of 2024.
“As we look to expand the Great Wolf Lodge experience to new markets, we are excited to place our newest resort in south Florida. This resort will offer families in the Sunshine State an easy, carefree escape, where parents and kids have the opportunity to laugh and play together and strengthen their family bonds,” says Murray Hennessy, CEO for Great Wolf Resorts. “South Florida has been on our radar for some time, and now, thanks in large part to the tremendous support from Collier County as well our shareholders Blackstone and Centerbridge Partners, we’re excited to make this resort a reality. We’re excited to officially join the community and look forward to helping contribute to its continued growth and prosperity.”
According to an economic impact report commissioned by Collier County and conducted by Hunden Strategic Partners, it is anticipated that the new resort will help bring $5 billion in new net spending into the region, and the county is expected to receive an additional $150 million in tax revenue over the next 30 years.
Some of the highlights of the resort include:
– An expansive 100,000-square-foot indoor waterpark featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools, and splash areas for every member of the family–from toddlers and teens to parents and grandparents.
– A 62,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park will offer a variety of family-friendly attractions, including MagiQuest—Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live action-adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to battle goblins and dragons.
– A collection of complimentary family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a morning exercise program combining tales from the creatures found in the Spirit Water Forest with yoga poses, and evening events such as Great Wolf Lodge’s signature Hustle & Howl dance party and Story Time event.
– Several dining options ranging from pizza and burgers to upscale dining and premium ice cream treats at Wood’s End Creamery.
– Family-friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles including Great Wolf-themed suites with separate sleeping quarters for kids designed as either a log cabin or wolf den and outfitted with bunk beds and Great Wolf character theming. The resort will also feature suites with multiple bedrooms for large families or multi-generational groups.
As part of Great Wolf Lodge’s environmental initiative, Project Green Wolf, Great Wolf Lodge South Florida will feature a number of energy and water conservation measures, such as energy-saving LED lighting and special water filters to reduce consumption.