TAMPA BAY, Fla. – JW Marriott’s 100th property, JW Marriott Tampa Water Street, is now open. A formal grand opening celebration is expected to take place in April.
“The first JW Marriott opened in Washington, DC in 1984 and was a tribute to my father,
J.W., and a celebration of his love of service and hospitality,” explained Marriott International executive chairman of the board Bill Marriott. “That tribute has now evolved into a global hotel brand, an incredible testament to the spirit of that first hotel being embraced worldwide. Our family is incredibly proud that my father’s name now welcomes guests in over 100 desirable destinations across the globe, including Tampa.”
Blending modern luxury with the sophisticated energy of Tampa’s Water Street neighborhood, the expansive 519-room property welcomes guests with a four-story atrium lobby lounge featuring hanging art and a floating conference room dubbed ‘Skybox.’
With custom furnishings and water-inspired design, guest rooms are open and spacious, featuring soft natural color palettes and materials inspired by the surrounding waterfront.
Several room categories boast spectacular views from floor-to-ceiling windows as well as spacious bathrooms with natural light. The property’s expansive 2,230-square-foot presidential
Suite has its own terrace with a wet bar where guests can take in sweeping city views. The
1,190-square-foot JW Suites offer 270-degree city views of Tampa’s vibrant Water Street neighborhood. Spacious King guest rooms feature elevated amenities and more than 400 square feet, with abundant natural light, separate working desks, and sliding doors that open to a bathroom featuring marble vanities and standalone rain showers.
Located next door to both the Tampa Convention Center and Amalie Arena (home to the
National Hockey League’s Tampa Bay Lightning), the hotel features 100,000 square feet of
meeting and event space, including the largest hotel ballroom in Tampa Bay at approximately 30,000 square feet. In combination with its sister property, Tampa Marriott Water
Street, the complex boasts more than 40,000 square foot of additional total event space, with both properties connected by a glass sky bridge located on the third floor.
In response to current circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, JW Marriott
Tampa Water Street has a variety of elevated protocols and practices. Enhanced property standards include:
– Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to guests’ arrival
– Face coverings are required for all guests in all indoor public spaces
– Socially distanced lobby and restaurant seating is in compliance with local mandates
– Plexiglas shields are used at reception
– Signage reminds guests to maintain social distancing and limit capacities
– Cleaning and disinfection has increased in frequency, particularly in higher traffic areas including restrooms, elevators, and escalators, and more hand sanitizing stations have been added
– Staff wear PPE based on duties and on direction by the local authorities
– Disinfectant wipes are available in guest rooms upon request.