BRISTOL, Va. — Situated on the grounds of Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards, The Inn at Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards has made its debut in Bristol, Va.
Nestled in more than 450 acres of rolling hills and meadows, the new boutique property features 28 luxury rooms and suites, including a 1200-square-foot presidential suite. The Inn at Nicewonder’s lake and vineyards provide a backdrop for any event, whether a wedding or a corporate retreat. The property boasts multiple indoor and outdoor venue spaces for events of all sizes, with the largest capable of entertaining 300 or more guests.
This destination boasts inviting common spaces, a world-class culinary and wine program, and nine customized yurts. James Beard Award nominee, Chef Travis Milton oversees the signature restaurant, Hickory, offering locally sourced cuisine paired with wines grown on property including Viognier, Chardonnay, Merlot, and Petit Verdot.
“The Inn at Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards is a truly pivotal moment, allowing visitors the opportunity to experience the beauty and bounty of the Virginia Highlands,” said Mara Bouvier, general manager. “We are incredibly excited to open our doors and welcome guests to experience this unrivaled destination complete with luxury accommodations, outdoor adventures, and award-winning wine and culinary program.”
The Inn at Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards features two unique restaurants and bar experiences:
– Hickory is a 123-seat, fine dining restaurant featuring dishes inspired by memories from Milton’s childhood and upbringing, including a whipped spam with nori, miso pickles, yuzu hot sauce, and fried saltines, as well as a smoked duck with shallot soubise, stewed kale, fingerling potatoes, and hickory syrup. To pair with the menu, Hickory will also feature Appalachian wine, produced onsite at Nicewonder Vineyards. With vines planted in 2013, the vineyard has grown from six to 10 acres and the wines have already accumulated awards and are available for purchase by the bottle at the vineyard
– Unveiling in early May, the Nicewonder Vineyards Tasting Room will offer guests a new menu of lite bites and tasting opportunities, with views of the property’s vineyard, gardens, and greenhouse
The property will also feature a host of amenities:
– Onsite programming will include complimentary smores by the firepit, self-guided hiking trails, morning yoga, evening meditations, farm tours and seasonal activities, archery and hatchet throwing, vineyard tours, and more
– From custom handmade furniture to the pure relaxation set among the trees, the Yurt Village features nine yurts. Each yurt is its own domain, detached from the others, and is stocked with local beers, handpicked snacks, Nespresso pods and teas, and the property’s award-winning Nicewonder wine. A light breakfast is also specially prepared for guests each morning
– Coming fall 2022, the Wellness Village will offer guests a relaxing experience with luxury yurts providing a home to a fitness center, spa, treatment rooms, and more