Based in Sacramento, Calif., CEMA began more than 30 years ago, with a vision to provide event marketers with the creative direction needed to drive innovation and growth for some of the world’s leading organizations. Today, CEMA has more than 800 members, with participation from global brands like Cisco, Salesforce, and Oracle.
According to a news release from PCMA, the new partnership will spark continued growth and development for both organizations’ stakeholders in the following areas:
– Enhanced professional development and networking programs: The organizations will cross-pollinate peer-to-peer learning, idea exchange forums, and educational and experiential learning content.
– Educational content and research insights: CEMA members can tap into PCMA’s research portfolio, anchored by Business Events Compass. PCMA members can access CEMA’s diverse community of senior corporate and technology event marketing experts as speakers and collaborators.
– Expanded member network connections: PCMA members will benefit from connections with event marketers who have created business events as omnichannel engagement platforms for their brands. PCMA and CEMA members will benefit from collaboration and ideation within an expanded, diverse global community.
– Long-term stability and growth: PCMA will provide CEMA with infrastructure support and financial investment, allowing the brand to expand its membership and geographic presence, while CEMA members will have access to PCMA products and programs such as its digital event strategist certification
– PCMA will maintain CEMA’s unique brand and member community through an advisory board, and by preserving its current management leadership, events, and content while leveraging the global resource network and infrastructure of PCMA.