It’s been a little over six months since the Savannah Convention Center broke ground for its expansion project. Construction is well on its way and on track to be completed in late summer 2023.
It will be moving into its major construction phase in November, beginning with the 900-space parking garage. Over the course of the project, 30 Georgia-based companies will utilize 600 employees to keep the expansion on schedule and budget. Facility upgrades from the new development will allow the Savannah Convention Center to contend for some of the nation’s largest events.
After the expansion, the Savannah Convention Center will include:
– 200,000 square feet of exhibit hall space
– A 58-foot-wide hangar door
– A new 40,000-square-foot ballroom
– 32 customizable breakout rooms
– A 900-space parking garage
– Additional outdoor space
– A new facility entrance with an all-glass façade