Shreveport and Bossier City market themselves as “Louisiana’s Other Side” to accentuate their location near the state’s western border with Texas. More specifically, Shreveport-Bossier is in the northwest corner of Louisiana where I-20 and I-49 converge. The Shreveport Regional Airport (SHV) is served by four airlines.
“Our team believes Shreveport-Bossier stands out because of our premier meeting venues, Southern hospitality, affordable hotel rates and the many amenities we provide before, during and after a meeting,” said David Bradley, vice president of convention and tourism sales for the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau. “Plus, attendees love the gaming, year-’round festivals, spicy Louisiana food and cultural attractions.”
Gaming is indeed big in this combo community that has six riverfront casinos: Boomtown Casino and Hotel, DiamondJacks Casino & Resort, Eldorado Resort Casino, Horseshoe Casino and Hotel, Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino and the newest, Margaritaville Resort Casino. Harrah’s Louisiana Downs in Bossier City offers thoroughbred horse racing and slot machine action.
All of the primary gaming establishments in Shreveport-Bossier offer meeting and special event space, on-site eateries and banquet facilities, and, with the exception of Harrah’s, lodging.
Shreveport-Bossier’s attractions also include the Louisiana Science Center, American Rose Center, Shreveport Cradle of the
Stars Music Tour, and the Backstage Music Tour at the Shreveport Municipal Auditorium, the Art Deco landmark venue where Elvis got his start and the “Louisiana Hayride” made radio and tele- vision history. There is excellent shopping and dining at Bossier City’s Louisiana Boardwalk.
Shreveport- Bossier City Meeting Space:
• Shreveport Convention Center: 22,000 square feet of meeting space; 95,000 square feet of exhibition space
• Bossier Civic Center: 35,000 square feet of meeting space
• CenturyLink Center: 14,000-seat multi-purpose facility with a 187-seat club and lounge
• Shreveport Municipal Auditorium: 3,000 seats; 6,300-square-foot arena
• Harrah’s Louisiana Downs: 25,000 square feet of meeting space
• Hilton Shreveport: 313 guest rooms; connected to the Shreveport Convention Center, can accommodate up to 162 people in three meeting rooms
• Wyndham Garden Shreveport: 267 guest rooms; 15,500 square feet of meeting space
• The Strand: the official state theater of Louisiana has 1,536 seats and a small meeting room that can accommodate up to 75
• Sainte Terre: event facility in rustic surroundings outside Shreveport with barn, terrace, chapel and bridal suite opened fall 2014; accommodates up to 250 guests