NEW ORLEANS, La. – J Collection Hotels has announced a number of its hotels will be back in business at the end of the year.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company had temporarily suspended operations at a number of hotels in New Orleans earlier this year.
Venues scheduled to reopen on December 30, 2020 are the Bourbon Orleans Hotel, Dauphine Orleans Hotel, Hotel le Marais, Hotel Mazarin, Maison Dupuy Hotel, and Melrose Mansion.
According to a news release, in response to the global pandemic, Hotel Mazarin has developed new cleanliness standards and operating procedures.
The hotel’s cleaning methods include utilizing Environmental Protection Agency (EPA-) approved products as well as opting for additional sanitization of high-touch point areas such as the lobby, elevator, courtyard, hand rails, and stairwells. In each guestroom, hotel staff is being extra diligent in sanitizing guestrooms including TVs, remote controls, tables, doorknobs, light switches, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
Additional safety measures include:
– All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash;
– Face masks required for staff and guests in public areas;
– Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff;
– Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms;
– Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas;
– Staff required to regularly wash hands;
– Regular temperature checks for staff; and
– Ozone generators to sanitize hotel spaces & surfaces.