ORLANDO, Fla. – The City of Orlando, Orange County Convention Centre (OCCC), Visit Orlando, and Orlando Health have collaborated to create a new program providing personalized medical services and resources to visitors.
The new program provides personalized medical services and resources to all meetings and convention groups holding events at the OCCC throughout 2020.
It will also support conventions coming to the city and is part of new and enhanced health, safety, and hygiene procedures being implemented across Orlando from theme parks, attractions, hotels, restaurants, and at the airport. For example, new safety and cleanliness programs are underway throughout Orlando at chains including Hilton, Hyatt, Loews Hotels & Co., Marriott, and Rosen Hotels & Resorts.
The new medical concierge program will be provided to every group with personalized medical collaboration, planning, and support. Available services include:
- Customized medical plan guidance to collaborate directly with medical professionals to review, provide guidance, and answer questions regarding their specific event plans.
- Direct access to personal protective equipment (PPE) for attendees, and ensuring access to suppliers for the most popular safety items meeting planners require such as masks and hand sanitizer.
- Create personalized videos, photos, and written materials from certified healthcare experts to inform and create confidence with attendees.
- Each attendee will be able to connect with a physician, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from their phone, tablet, or computer for any individual question or concern.
- Access to an on-site medical expert during the event, and availability of testing for coronavirus.
- Medical advisory services to the event’s host hotels, transportation vendors, and other partners through Orlando Health’s Business Ready initiative which provides businesses with clear guidance, videos, and PDFs on best safety practices.
“Offering this pioneering medical concierge gives conventions and trade shows a vast network of healthcare services and expertise which prioritizes the safety of our guests,” said OCCC executive director Mark Tester.
“As the nation’s top meetings destination, it was imperative to use the challenges facing the entire meetings industry to create a brand-new industry model,” said Visit Orlando president and CEO George Aguel. “This new personalized concierge program gives planners the tools, access, and comfort the destination, convention center, and expert medical professionals are with them every step of the process to keep attendees safe.”